Sunday, May 19, 2013

6 months will remain a mystery

There's no way I am going to catch you all up on what I've been doing since that day at the zoo. Just imagine bounce houses, walks, fits, and trips and that will bring you up to date. 

This week I had the lovely privilege to watch my nieces and nephews while their parents went to Mexico. Seeing my boys bond so well with their long-distance cousins warms my heart. It means so, so much to me, because my nieces and nephews are so close to my heart. Sometimes I just look at pictures of them when I am in New Orleans and tear up-- there was literally a point in my life that they were appendages to me (not to discount their parents in any way!) and to not be with them felt like I was missing an arm. So I love being with them and to see my kids fit right in is the best feeling a mother/aunt could have. 

No comments: