Sunday, October 21, 2012

races

Last weekend was busy between our convention in Las Vegas, RJ's Tough Mudder in Utah, and my marathon in San Francisco.

I am so proud of my husband for not only competing but the fact that he LOVES the TM. He thinks it's "fun" to get shocked by electrical wires and crawl through mud. Gross. But I guess I am just as crazy to enjoy running for hours on end. (Also, photo cred to Megan who sat in the cold to watch RJ and Lindsie race! I love you Megan!) RJ is a beast and that's all I can say.

The marathon was everything I was hoping it to be and more. The course was great, not too many hills, and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. I also made it in my goal time which is huge since my marathon in Nashville last year wasn't so great (remember my knee blowing out?) and it was the perfect quick vacay: dinner in San Fran, a movie, wake up to workout and get a Tiffany's necklace from a SF firefighter when you're done. Relax on a plane and come home to your two sweet boys and a huge banner and welcoming party at my inlaws'. Grateful for such a challenging but extremely rewarding experience.

1 comment:

The Rice's said...

Love that I officially made your blog. Love my Benji, too.